If you are visiting Budapest and love to party and/or eat then knowing which are the best streets in Budapest for food, drinks, dancing will be vital amongst your considerations.
When booking accommodation and planning nights out in Budapest you should definitely base your decisions around possibly wanting to visit these streets and there for staying near them to avoid unnecessary taxis.
Top 6 Streets in Budapest for Drinks and/or Dinner
- Kazinczy utca – there are quite a few popular ruin bars in about around Kazinczy utca. Most notable is Fogasház although you will find lots of places to grab a drink, have a dance or eat some food nearby.
- Nagymező utca – well known for Instant and Moulin Rouge you will find lots of bars, ruin bars and clubs on Nagymező utca. The parallel streets are also full of good restaurants offering a variety of cuisines.
- Király utca – close to Kazinczy utca you can find a buzzing atmosphere on Király utca particularly during the summer. There are lots of bars and cheap places to eat and also a lot of hostels if you are looking for cheap accommodation in Budapest. You might find it a bit noisy if you are with your family but it’s a popular destination for tourists and locals every night of the week.
- Apáczai Csere János utca – on the river front on the Pest side of the city Apáczai Csere János utca is home to the Marriot Hotel and numerous restaurants for food or just a drink. A particularly beautiful street to walk along in the summer months with someone special offering great views of Buda Castle and Gellért Hill.
- Liszt Ferenc tér – lots of restaurants, some are a little expensive for the quality of the food but you are paying for the atmosphere when you visit the restaurants on Liszt Ferenc tér as much as anything. It is popular with tourists and wealthy Hungarians and also home to Hooters Budapest although that does not lower the tone generally and certainly gives something for the men, bisexual women and lesbians to look at.
- Október 6. utca – home to a few of our favourite restaurants and bars including T.G. Italiano, KNRDY, Innio.
A Map Showing The Best Streets in Budapest for Drinks & Food
Below you will find a map showing Kazinczy utca, Nagymező utca, Király utca, Apáczai Csere János utca, Liszt Ferenc tér and Október 6. utca…
For more information about things to do and see in Budapest take a look at our Budapest Guide which is regularly updated with ideas.