Budapest Spring Festival is one of the biggest festivals taking place during spring in Budapest. The festival is in fact one of the largest cultural events in Hungary, taking place from March to April.
The Budapest Spring Festival has something for everyone with an interest in music, art, dance or Hungarian culture and includes several performances, exhibitions, concerts and things to do at, various different locations in Budapest.
The price of tickets will depend on the individual event you wish to attend but usually varies between HUF 2500-19000 per person although there are many free events.
- Official Website: http://www.btf.hu/
- Facebook Address: https://www.facebook.com/BudapestiTavasziFesztival
Events to Expect at the Budapest Spring Festival
With the 2014 Budapest Spring Festival starting soon here are some details of events from the 2013 Budapest Spring Festival programme:
- International Choir Competition Budapest, Palace of Arts – Béla Bartók National Concert Hall
- Handel: Messiah, Palace of Arts – Béla Bartók National Concert Hall
- Csongor and Tünde, Palace of Arts – Béla Bartók National Concert Hall
- Yuri Bashmet and the Moscow Soloists, Italian Institute of Culture
- Kristóf Baráti (violin), István Várdai (cello) and Dénes Várjon (piano) in concert, Uránia National Cinema Palace
- Roma Hungaricum State Ensemble, Eötvös10 Community and Cultural Space
- Organ Tour – Bach and the North German masters, Deák Square Evangelical Church
- Zugló Philharmonic – King Stephen Symphony Orchestra and Oratorio Choir, Inner City St Michael’s Church
- Saint Ephraim Choir – a concert on the 140th anniversary of Rachmaninoff’s birth, Church of St. Teresa of Avila
- Organ Tour – Fritz Lang: Metropolis, Palace of Arts – Béla Bartók National Concert
- Circus in the Night – a production of Recirquel, Palace of Arts – Festival Theatre
- Verdi Marathon, Hungarian State Opera House
Folk Music & Folk Dance Performances
- 32nd National Dance House Festival and Fair, Papp László Budapest Sportarena
- “Hear the Word!”, Thália Theatre
- Dancing Spring, National Dance Theatre
- Carmen Cortés and Her Friends (Carmen Cortés en Compañía) – a performance of the Carmen Cortés Dance Company, Thália Theatre
- Love Songs – a production by the Danish Dance Theatre, Thália Theatre
- Stravinsky: Rite of Spring, Palace of Arts – Béla Bartók National Concert Hall
City Walks & Guided Tours
- Dolce Vita a Budapest – Italy from a closer perspective, Guided walking tour, starting at Vörösmarty Square
- Imagination and Emotion – Relics of Romanticism in Budapest, Guided walking tour, starting at Vörösmarty Square
- Scenes of our ancestors’ lives – A walk through the Jewish Quarter of Pest, starting at Vörösmarty Square
- Anna Karenina, Bárka Theatre
- A Magic Flute, Palace of Arts – Festival Theatre
If you are planning on visiting Hungary then the spring time could be the best time of year to visit Budapest if you have a particular interest in the arts and want to learn more about Hungarian culture.
For information about the forthcoming 2014 Budapest Spring Festival see our regularly updated Budapest Guide which include all the information you need to know about the festival as it is made available.