The Hungarian National Museum (or Magyar Nemzeti Múzeum) is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Budapest and a must visit for those interested in learning more about Hungary, and the Carpathian Basin’s history.
Located on Múzeum körút, in the VIII district of Budapest, the Hungarian National Museum has an incredible collection of artefacts including thousands from the earliest period of human history, and important historical objects from nearer to our time.
The main collections of the Hungarian National Museum include posters, furniture and household goods, glassware, ceramics, documents, textiles, weapons, freemasonry, musical instruments, toys, coins and plenty more to spark your interest and imagination.
The museum’s grounds are also a popular place for people to sit and relax when the weather in Budapest is hot and sunny with limited outside seating made available for visitors’ use during the summer months.
- Address: The Hungarian National Museum, 1088 Budapest, Múzeum körút 14-16.
- Telephone: (36-1) 338-2122 / (36-1) 327-7700 / (36-1) 327-7773
- Website: http://www.hnm.hu/en/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday – Sunday: 10am – 6pm
- Adults: 1600HUF
- Reduced Price Tickets: 800HUF
- Groups (Adults, minimum of 10 people): 1200HUF
- Groups (Students/Seniors, minimum of 10 people): 500HUF
- Family (2 adults + children): 3200HUF
- Additional ticket (Adults): 1100HUF
- Additional ticket (Students): 400HUF
- Concert ticket: 1500HUF
- Photo permit: 500HUF
Free and Reduced Price Tickets:
Reduced prices tickets are available for Hungarian and European Economic Area citizens that meet one of the following criteria:
- Parents or close relatives with 2 children under 18
- Children, students aged between 6 and 26
- Senior citizens aged between 62 and 70
Free admission to permanent exhibitions – with free tickets obtained at the museum’s ticket office are available for the following:
- Budapest Card holders
- Children under the age of 6
- Visitors with disabilities requiring assistance (and one per person to assist them)
- European Community citizens over the age of 70
- Elementary or secondary school teachers working in the public sector, university or higher education teachers (ID required), with European Community citizenship
- All visitors on Hungarian National Holidays (20th August, 23th October)
- ICOM, ICOMOS Membership Card owners, journalists with international press pass + photo
Free admission to the on the Hungarian National Museum on the third Saturday of every month for visitors under 26 and children under 18 with up to two accompanying adults (European Economic Area citizens only).
Guided tours of the museum are available in English, German or Italian. Prices are as follows…
- Groups (1-14 people): 10,000HUF
- Groups (15 or more people): 15,000HUF
Photos of the Hungarian National Museum
Below you will find some recent photos showing the Hungarian National Museum in Budapest. We will be adding some new photos soon.