If you are only visiting Budapest for a short time you may well be thinking that taking in the essential sights of Budapest is your best option considering there is so much to see in Hungary’s capital.
In order to make your life as simple as possible we have compiled a list of our favourite five sights of Budapest including links to more information to help you make the most from your visit to this beautiful city.
The Top Five Sights of Budapest
Below you will find information about five of the top sights of Budapest:
- St Stephen’s BasilicaSurrounded by great restaurants, bars and clubs St Stephen’s Basilica is definitely something to see whether you go in the day or evening. If you go in the day you will be able to see the incredible interior design of the church and captivating views from the viewing platform below the main dome.
- The Grand Market HallFor incredible smells as well as plenty to look at you should definitely visit the Grand Market Hall in Budapest.
- Buda CastleOne of the most famous spectacles in Budapest, Buda Castle and the castle district has no end of things to see from museums, to monuments and churches. The views from Buda Castle are truly amazing too.
- Riverside views of the DanubeWhat better way to take in the sights of Budapest with an evening walk along the Danube. You will be able to see the famous Budapest bridges, Gallért Hill. Buda Castle and the Liberty Statue even if you just sit down and enjoy dinner or a drink at one of the excellent restaurants or bars on the riverside.
- Memento ParkIf you are interested in learning more about the Soviet occupation of Budapest you will be fascinated by a visit to Memento Park where you can see some of the incredibly Soviet statues which once stood as monuments around Budapest.
If you think we have missed one of the best sights of Budapest from our list let us know, we would be happy to hear from you! We would also be delighted to help you plan your next trip to Budapest.
For more information about things to do in Budapest and things to see in Budapest take a look at our Budapest Guide which is regularly updated.