The summer is probably the best time to visit Budapest so if you are visiting in the summer and wondering what to do in Budapest in July then you will be delighted to hear there is lots to do.
Not only is the weather in Budapest in July brilliant with lots of sunshine, there are also lots of special events, festivals and other things to see and do to keep you entertained throughout your holiday.
5 Things to Do in Budapest in July
Here are a few ideas of things to do in Budapest in July:
- Take a ride on the Sziget Eye at Erzsébet tér - not only is Erzsébet tér a great place for a drink in the evening when it is bustling with young Hungarians enjoying the last of the day’s warmth it is also home to Sziget Eye throughout July.
- Visit the Budapest Summer Festival - Budapest Summer Festival 2013 is a celebration of 75 years of the open-air stage on Margaret Island. With a full programme of concerts taking place over the summer there will be lots to enjoy throughout July.
- Rev up your excitement level at the Hungarian Grand Prix - if you are prepared for the noise then you will certainly enjoy the Hungarian Grand Prix and parties taking place on the Grand Prix weekend. It is also one of the most affordable races on the F1 calendar.
- Party at the best ruin bars in Budapest - the nightlife in Budapest is world renowned so if you are visiting the city this summer make sure you visit some of the best ruin bars.
- Take a day trip to Lake Balaton – if you love your water sports or simply relaxing by the water simply rent a car and head to Central Europe’s biggest lake which is just an hour and a half drive away.
For more ideas about things to do in Budapest throughout the year see our Budapest Guide which is regularly updated with the latest information about the best events, restaurants, hotels, bars and more.